COVID-19 Update March 18, 2020
Please know that we are working on many topics that pertain to our students and employees over our Spring Break, especially as we continue to receive guidance from the Florida Department of Education regarding our school closure until April 15.
The following are updates for parents and students:
- We recognize the importance of being able to reach out to your individual school and hearing answers from a voice you know. Starting Monday, March 23, your school’s administration will be at work and able to answer your school specific questions via phone and email.
- Food Service is preparing food distribution for students that will start Monday, March 23. Locations and times will be announced by Friday.
- If your child has medication at school that you need at home, we will be arranging medication pick up starting Monday, March 23. Times will be announced by Friday.
- The Walton County School District is working on continuity plans where education to students may be delivered in new and innovative ways, including virtually. We have great day-to-day plans for our students that include all core subject areas and guidance for parents. We also will have contact information for curriculum experts that will be available to assist students and parents. Walton’s continuity plan will be released in a video message by Superintendent A. Russell Hughes. Please look for the video on our website by Sunday.
- Governor DeSantis has waived state testing and school accountability grades for the remainder of the 19-20 school year. Student grades and other data points specific to students will be determined in the coming days as school districts continue to receive guidance from the Florida Department of Education.
- The Walton County School District does have an online system to answer any of your COVID-19/School Closure related questions. Please click on the “Contact Us” tab on the right side of our website to submit a question or concern. District staff is available to answer questions over Spring Break.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding in this time of uncertainty. We appreciate everyone’s flexibility and patience.