Registering a New Student
Welcome to Van R. Butler Elementary School – Home of the Bears. We are happy you are interested in registering with us! To get started, download our checklist below. On it you will find a list of supporting documents required to register your student. Registration packets are available in the front office for pick-up or you can download and complete the documents below. Please come to the school between 8:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. with your documents to finalize registration. Please note that we do not accept packets without all the required documents listed on the checklist. Please contact our registrar, Mindy Higley, at (850) 622-5040 or by email at [email protected] with any questions.
Transcripts from previous schools may be faxed to: (850) 622-5048, attention: Mindy Higley
If you reside outside of our attendance zone, please click here to view the Controlled Open Enrollment policy and to complete the forms. A student cannot be registered who lives outside our attendance zone before a Controlled Open Enrollment request is approved. The approval process can take up to two weeks.
Registration Documents and Forms
- Registration Checklist WITH Residency - 2022-2023 SY - ENGLISH.pdf (553.8 KBs)
- STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM - Walton County School District-FL.pdf (329.0 KBs)
- HOMEOWENER'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RESIDENCY - ENGLISH - WCSD.pdf (48.6 KBs)
- Registration Checklist WITH Residency - 2022-2023 SY - SPANISH.pdf (609.2 KBs)
- STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM - SPANISH - Walton County School District-FL.pdf (219.8 KBs)
- HOMEOWNER'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RESIDENCY - Spanish - WCSD.pdf (52.3 KBs)
- SCHOOL ENTRY HEALTH EXAM FORM-dh3040.pdf (62.6 KBs)
2023-2024 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
EARLY REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 6, 2023
Registration for kindergarten students for the 2023-2024 school year will be March 6 - 15 and is open to any child who will be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2023.
You must have an official birth certificate. If your child was born in Florida, you can obtain it at the Walton County Public Health Unit for $12.00 in DeFuniak Springs, or at the Walton County Tax Collector's Offices in South Walton, Freeport, or DeFuniak Springs for $18.25.
Each child must have a school physical examination and up-to-date immunizations on form DOH 680 - Florida Certification of Immunization (blue card).
If you live outside our attendance zone, school of choice is dependent on enrollment capacity. Please contact the school or click here for information on the Controlled Open Enrollment application process. Registration packets will not be accepted until approval of a Controlled Open Enrollment application.
Registration packets will be available for pick up in our front office beginning Monday, February 27th and may be returned with ALL documents required beginning March 6th between 8:00 AM and 2:30 PM.
BUY SCHOOL SUPPLIES
- VRB School Supply List 2023-2024 - Grades 3-5.pdf (395.8 KBs)
- VRB School Supply List 2023-2024 - Grades K-2.pdf (289.2 KBs)