March 26, 2020
Please see our revised bus route list for food distribution and Paper Portfolios. Many bus stops have remained the same; however, some times have been changed and a few new stops have been added. These changes take place Friday, March 27th. We continue to work to make our food distribution routes as smooth as possible. Thank you!
Actualización de COVID-19 - 26 de marzo de 2020
Consulte nuestra nueva ruta de autobuses para la distribución de alimentos y las carpetas con materiales. Muchas paradas de autobús han permanecido igual; sin embargo, algunas se han cambiado y se han agregado algunas paradas nuevas. Estos cambios ocurrirán el viernes 27 de marzo. Continuamos trabajando para que nuestras rutas de distribución de alimentos sean lo más fluidas posible. ¡Gracias!
You can access a printable copy of the schedule by clicking here
March 25, 2020
The WCSD EPIC Van will be on the road today with Student Portfolios (paper) for pick-up for those without at-home computer access. The Van will be following this schedule (click for printable copy) :
With schools being closed in the following weeks, today, some of our teachers decided to drive around the community in a long caravan to see their students. The teachers traveled 90+ miles to wave and honk their horns at students and their families in the Paxton community, Flowersview, New Harmony, Gaskin, and Darlington. They saw many smiling faces along the way and a few signs expressing love and appreciation. The caravan was the teachers' way of showing the students they were missed during this time when social distancing is crucial. On behalf of Paxton teachers and staff: Students, we love and miss you. We will see you soon.
March 22, 2020
Due to the recent COVID-19 health concerns, all Florida Schools are closed until April 15, 2020. The Walton County School District will make every effort to ensure that our students' educational opportunities continue while at home.
In this video, Superintendent A. Russell Hughes introduces our new model of instruction beginning March 23, 2020. The Instructional Continuity Plan addresses how content will be delivered to students throughout the district.
You can access more information about our Instructional Continuity Plan at our website: https://www.walton.k12.fl.us/ /at-home-learning-support-covid-19
March 20, 2020
The WCSD has produced two items for you, a food distribution flyer and food distribution via bus route information. As a reminder, food distribution will begin on Monday, March 23rd at five school sites, and on Wednesday, March 25th, food distribution will also occur using common bus stops as well. Thank you for sharing our flyer!
COVID-19 - 20 de marzo
El Distrito Escolar del Condado de Walton ha producido dos nuevos materiales para usted, un folleto de distribución de alimentos y distribución de alimentos a través de la ruta del autobús. Como recordatorio, la distribución de alimentos comenzará el lunes 23 de marzo en cinco sitios escolares, y el miércoles 25 de marzo, la distribución de alimentos también se realizará mediante paradas de autobús.
¡Gracias por compartir nuestro folleto!
Walton County School District, Florida
Click here for a copy of the Food Distribution Flyer
Click for copy of the updated Food Distribution Bus Stops (as of 3.26.20)
March 19, 2020
We have several updates for you today. Please see information below regarding food distribution and student medication pick up that will start Monday, March 23. Educational updates will roll out this weekend along with a video message from Superintendent A. Russell Hughes.
Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, five school sites will begin to provide food for children ages 1 to 18.
* Mossy Head School
* Maude Saunders Elementary
* Walton Middle School
* Freeport High School
These five sites will provide a grab and go meal in the school’s car rider line. You do not have to live in the school zone to receive food at the above sites. If possible, if your school is not a site, please visit the site nearest to you. For example, if your child attends Dune Lakes Elementary, a non-distribution site, you may pick up a meal at Freeport High School, a distribution site. Children must be present in the car to receive a free meal.
School sites haven been chosen based on specific criteria as put forth by the Florida Department of Agriculture. We may open additional sites as we can.
The schedule for food pick up at the five sites above are as follows:
* Monday, March 23 from 11:00 a.m.– 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided
* Tuesday, March 24 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
* Wednesday, March 25 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
* Thursday, March 26 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
* Friday, March 27 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
Starting Wednesday, March 25th, food distribution will also begin via bus transportation. Over 95 bus stops will be put into place throughout the Walton County School District from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and look similar to our summer routes. Buses will spend 10 minutes at each stop for parents to receive breakfast and lunch at the bus stop instead of visiting school sites. School sites will also remain open as well. More information about your area’s routes are to come.
As we provide meals, please know that we are taking health and safety protocols seriously. All individuals preparing and delivering meals will follow CDC guidelines.
If your child has medication at school that you need at home, you can pick up medication from the school’s nurse starting Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27 from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Medication will only be released to a student’s parent.
All school campuses will be staffed with a small team on Monday, March 23. Parents may enter the school office based on CDC guidelines regarding gatherings of 10 people or less. If you are sick, please call your school instead of visiting.
The Walton County School District does have an online system to answer any of your COVID-19/School Closure related questions. Please click on the “Contact Us” tab on the right side of our website to submit a question or concern. District staff is available to answer questions over Spring Break. Thank you for your continued support and understanding in this time of uncertainty. We appreciate everyone’s flexibility and patience.
March 18, 2020
Please know that we are working on many topics that pertain to our students and employees over our Spring Break, especially as we continue to receive guidance from the Florida Department of Education regarding our school closure until April 15.
The following are updates for parents and students:
* We recognize the importance of being able to reach out to your individual school and hearing answers from a voice you know. Starting Monday, March 23, your school’s administration will be at work and able to answer your school specific questions via phone and email.
* Food Service is preparing food distribution for students that will start Monday, March 23. Locations and times will be announced by Friday.
* If your child has medication at school that you need at home, we will be arranging medication pick up starting Monday, March 23. Times will be announced by Friday.
* The Walton County School District is working on continuity plans where education to students may be delivered in new and innovative ways, including virtually. We have great day-to-day plans for our students that include all core subject areas and guidance for parents. We also will have contact information for curriculum experts that will be available to assist students and parents. Walton’s continuity plan will be released in a video message by Superintendent A. Russell Hughes. Please look for the video on our website by Sunday.
* Governor DeSantis has waived state testing and school accountability grades for the remainder of the 19-20 school year. Student grades and other data points specific to students will be determined in the coming days as school districts continue to receive guidance from the Florida Department of Education.
* The Walton County School District does have an online system to answer any of your COVID-19/School Closure related questions. Please click on the “Contact Us” tab on the right side of our website to submit a question or concern. District staff is available to answer questions over Spring Break.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding in this time of uncertainty. We appreciate everyone’s flexibility and patience.
Summer VPK registrations for the week of March 23- 27th are CANCELED and will be re-scheduled.
Registration dates for our 2020-21 VPK program are NOT canceled at this time. Please monitor our school district's webpage for updated VPK registration information.