At Home Learning Calendar for the Week of March 30th
- Kindergarten At-Home Lesson Plan - March 30th to April 3.pdf (88.2 KBs)
- 1st Grade At-Home Lesson Plan - March 30th to April 3.pdf (83.8 KBs)
- 2nd Grade At-Home Lesson Plan - March 30th to April 3.pdf (86.8 KBs)
- 2nd Grade - Compass Learning Activities March 30-Apr 3.pdf (373.5 KBs)
- 3rd Grade At-Home Lesson Plan - March 30th to April 3.pdf (370.6 KBs)
- 4th Grade At-Home Lesson Plan - March 30th to April 3.pdf (85.2 KBs)
- 4th Grade - Compass Learning Activities.pdf (430.1 KBs)
- 5th Grade At-Home Lesson Plan - March 30th to April 3.pdf (136.3 KBs)
Message from Mr. Ross
I hope you all took an opportunity to enjoy our scheduled spring break with family and friends. While many plans may have been altered, memories can be created by those you are with. I've been fortunate to spend a week with my wife and kids on a daily basis. It was a blessed week in which my daughter didn't have to ask me if I was going to work today.
As our spring break winds down, we must now address our mandated school closure until April 15th and provide opportunities for our students to continue their mastery of state standards. Superintendent Hughes, your district leadership team and your school-based administrators have worked tirelessly to provide an Instructional Continuity Plan that I've outlined below. This program provides a platform for the students to continue the educational momentum they've created through the first eight months of school. This program MUST be completed in order for your child to show mastery of the state standards. While your teachers may provide additional enrichment opportunities, these are optional but supported in research to further enhance their learning ability. While Governor DeSantis and Chancellor Corcoran cancelled state assessments for the 2019-2020 school year, they still expect our students to continue their mastery of state standards through alternative means.
I know everyone in our community has been affected by COVID-19 in their own way, and taking on the role of the teacher may bring about some questions. Please know you are not alone in this journey. Below you will find the contact information for our district curriculum specialist who are prepared to support your needs. Additionally, your team at Van R. Butler is also here to answer any questions and provide additional supports for you and your children.
Van R. Bulter Elementary School's office will be open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Please contact us at 850-622-5041. In order to meet CDC guidelines of social distancing, only one person will be permitted in our safe lobby entrance at one time.
If you are calling the district office for support, the contact number is 850-892-1100. From there you can enter any of the phone extensions below.
I want to thank you all for your patience and understanding during these trying times.
Instructional Continuity Plan
At Home Learning Calendar for the Week of March 23, 2020
- At Home Learning Calendar - March 23-27.pdf (556.2 KBs)
- Calendario de Aprendizaje en el Hogar Grados K-12.pdf (571.9 KBs)
Program User Guides
- ClassLink Chrome PC Extension Installation.pdf (221.9 KBs)
- ClassLink Firefox PC Extension Installation.pdf (159.4 KBs)
- ClassLink Mobile App Installation.pdf (667.6 KBs)
- Compass Learning Student User Guide.pdf (269.0 KBs)
- Compass Learning Quiz Guide.pdf (207.1 KBs)
- Study Island Learner Interface Overview.pdf (587.8 KBs)
- Study Island Teacher Quick Reference Guide.pdf (471.7 KBs)