Van R. Butler Elementary School serves over 1000 students in grades PreK-4. Arrival and departure can be quite a challenge. Please consider this when determining the best transportation for your child to and from school.
To find the most current route information serving Van R. Butler Elementary School, visit Infofinder I or contact the Transportation Department at 850-892-1100 ext 1642.
The WCSD Transportation Department is using Bus Bulletin notification system to notify parents and students when there are bus delays and scheduled changes. If you would like to receive instant notifications when delays or incidents affect your student's bus, please register with Bus Bulletin. To register, visit www.BusBulletin.com/parents.
Parent Drop-off/Pick-Up, Carpools & Walkers
- Butler Elementary School serves over 1000 students. Many parents choose to transport their children to and from school. This can create a challenge in maintaining an effective flow of traffic while ensuring the safety of our students. There are designated drop-off and pick-up.
- Parents of third and fourth grade students should enter the "bus loading" area on Hwy 30A and proceed to the back of campus to drop off students. Cars may not enter this area until buses have departed. Students should not be dropped off on the "pavilion" side of campus. Doors in this area will be locked and students will not be able to enter the building.
- Students in grades K-2 should be dropped off in front of campus at the designated primary drop-off/pick-up zone. Traffic will proceed around the parking lots. Students should NOT be dropped off in the back of campus, near building 4, except at the area noted in the first bulleted item above.
- Students in grades 3 and 4, who have younger siblings, may be dropped off with their younger brother/ sister at the primary unloading zone. K-2 children should never be dropped off in the back of campus with older siblings.
- The same zones are used for afternoon pick-up. K-2 students, and their older siblings, will be at the front loading zone. Parents should enter the front of campus, beside the marquis, and follow traffic. Children will be called and escorted to their cars. While waiting, there is strict adult supervision of children inside the building. Parents may not enter the hallway to pick children up, or walk up to the door for their children unless they have a "walker" pass.
- "Walker" passes are available through the front office. You will need to bring in proof that you live within walking distance. For grades 3-4, parents will need to present the "walker" pass to the teacher at the door of building 4. For grades K-2, parents will need to present the "walker" pass to the teacher at the location designated in the map above (back side of kindergarten hallway).
- Parent pick-up for grades 3-4 is in back of campus. Entry into this area is not allowed until after buses have departed, at approximately 2:15. Students will be supervised in this area and escorted to cars as they are called.
- If you have more than one child and wish to only pick up in one area, send a note to the teacher of your older child telling them to send your child to the primary parent pick-up area where they will join their sibling.
- Thank you for your patience and assistance. The drop-off/ pick-up process is always challenging for the first few days of school, but it will get better! We have excellent bus drivers if you live within our school's zone and would prefer to have school district tansportation provided for your child.